Jide Technology launched a Kickstarter campaign for Remix IO TV box a couple of weeks ago, and now they’ve added a very interesting device with Remix IO+ TV box running the company’s Remix OS operating system powered by Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor with 4GB RAM, 32 GB storage.
The case design will be the same, but the hardware much more powerful than the Rockchip RK3368 based modek. Remix IO+ specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 Hexa core processor with 2x ARM Cortex-A72 cores @ up to 2.0 GHz, 4x ARM Coertex A53 cores, and Mali-T860MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 4 GB RAM
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0s port up to 4K @ 60 Hz, VGA port
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet port, dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB Type-A 2.0 host ports, 2x USB 3.0 ports
- Misc – Power button, and 2x LEDs, cooling fan and heatsink
- Power Supply – 9V/2A power supply
The system will support for Android and Android TV apps. I’ve found about it through Jide YouTube account in the short teaser video below.
The good news is that you can get the box for just $129 + $10 shipping on Kickstarter, while the bad news is that you’d have to wait at least until May 2017 to get it shipped.2017 Fastest TV BOX: YUNDOO Y8, RK3399 CPU, 4GB + 32GB